Oracle 8.0.5.2.1 on NT SP 6a - Hot Standy Managed Recovery Mode ?????

From: Mark Tompkins <mdtompkins_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:47:11 +0000

Hi,

We are installing hot standby for the first time, and have it working, except:

if the standby machine runs out of archive redo logs, it stops recovery (halts). If archive redo logs arrive later on, the recovery does not resume. From then on, they must be applied manually.

I read where commenters refer to 'Managed Recovery Mode', and it is referred to as the proper configuration to ensure that recovery is always automatic. How is the standby configured so that it will not block if an archived redo log is not yet available?

thx

Mark Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 16:47:11 CST