8i installation problems on SCO Unixware 7

From: J.W. Margrave <margrave_at_ohair.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 13:59:03 -0600

I have installed 8i on my Unixware box, created a database with the dbassistant, and everything runs fine until I reboot, after which I get an Oracle Unavailable message. If I create another database with the dbassistant, that database runs fine until I reboot.

I have created a database, data1, which is no longer accessible (because of the reboot), and another database, data2, which is working properly
(created since the reboot). When I run lsnrctl and enter 'services',
here is what is returned;

Connecting to
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=oracle1)(PORT=1521)))
Services Summary...
  PLSExtProc has 1 service handler(s)     DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0

      LOCAL SERVER
  data1         has 1 service handler(s)
    DEDICATED SERVER established:43 refused:0
      LOCAL SERVER
  data2         has 1 service handler(s)
    DEDICATED SERVER established:28 refused:0
      LOCAL SERVER
    DISPATCHER established:0 refused:0 current:0 max:1022 state:ready
      D000 <machine: oracle1, pid: 8759>

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=oracle1.ohair)(PORT=49294))
(PRESENTATION=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)(SESSION=RAW))

      Presentation: oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer The command completed successfully

Apparently, the dispatcher's configuration is not being saved? Where does this get saved, and in what format?

Thanks greatly for your help.

J.W. Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 13:59:03 CST