Re: Can you trigger an automatic WHERE-clause on any statement on a table?

From: Charlton Purvis <purvis_at_sc.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 21:03:46 GMT

I haven't seen much discussion of anything new and improved re. RLS that would distinguish 9i from 8i. As far as our project is concerned, we can't wait for 9i to be released before releasing our software -- we'll be sticking w/ 8i.

But do you have any pointers to 9i documentation pertaining to RLS improvements?

Thanks,

Charlton

In article <3A0044AF.A0807236_at_home.nl>,
  Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote:
> > Bottom line . . . Is it unpracitcal to associate file system-like
> > permissions on every row of every table to limit a user's scope and
> > permissions?
>
> That is promised in 9i

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 15:03:46 CST