Re: Can you trigger an automatic WHERE-clause on any statement on a table?

From: Charlton Purvis <purvis386_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 21:09:55 GMT

Right, Dave, that's the route I've been testing lately. I found http://govt.oracle.com/~tkyte/article2/index.html a good reference.

Have you been happy w/ your implementation? Without asking you to go into too much detail, did you organize your security by adding a standard set of columns to each table?

Back to the UNIX-like filesystem structure: Do you have something equivalent to user/group/other sets of columns added to each table to contain something synonymous to rwx permissions, i.e. select, udpate, delete, etc., and then use policies to modify the WHERE clauses accordingly? Any secrets about caching that you'd like to share?

Thanks,

Charlton

In article <3A00BF72.FEB800B4_at_erols.com>,   luhbey_at_erols.com wrote:
> Yes, you can. Use Oracle policies. I don't have my code here at home,
 but you
> can email me at mailto:godbeyd_at_saic.com for examples.
> > > Bottom line . . . Is it unpracitcal to associate file system-like
> > > permissions on every row of every table to limit a user's scope
 and
> > > permissions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 15:09:55 CST