Oracle 8.1.6 Linux RH v7 svrmgrl requests password

From: Paul Dembry <pade_at_trifox.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:32:06 GMT

I copied our Oracle8.1.6 from Redhat v6 to v7 in an attempt to avoind the glibc problems with Oracle 8.1.6 and RedHat v7. When I get into svrmgrl and type 'connect internal', it prompts me for a password which it does not do on my v6 machine. The uid/gid of the v7 user match the v6 user and I used tar as root to preserve all the uid/gids of the files. Any ideas? I would rather avoid doing the library/compiler jiggling that is needed to build Oracle on RH v7. Thanks,
Paul Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 15:32:06 CST