DROP TABLE takes ages - why?

From: Andy Kent <andykent.bristol.DontSpamMe_at_virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:31:26 -0000

Why does it take so long to drop a table when it's fully populated? Is there some way I can reduce the time?

I do know that some of my tables have lots of extents - could this have be of any relevance?

Thanks

-Andy Kent-
 '.DontSpamMe' from return address to reply by email. Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 07:31:26 CST