Re: How to list block size?

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 02:41:28 GMT

Hello Argosy,

Normally what Oracle calls "the operating system block size" is the smallest unit of I/O supported by the operating system for raw I/O (DEV_BSIZE), but on some operating systems it is the smallest possible unit of file system based I/O. For a table showing the operating system block sizes for some of the most common operating systems please see
http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/creation/raw_log_files.htm#log_block_size.

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/