Client--> Server: operation timed out

From: Mazur <robertm_at_sherwoodforestfarms.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:54:39 -0800

I am getting a:
ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out
when trying to connect from my client (8.1.5 on NT4 workstation) to my server (8.1.5 Enterprise on NT4 server).

If I try again and again with the same login I will sometimes get instead:
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

I can ping from the client to the server: c:\tnsping moby
 and get a result of:
Attempting to contact
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=rainserver_b)(PORT=1521)) OK(110 msec)

Any thoughts where I can look? I have been trying off and on for about 2 weeks to solve this, so I have adjusted my tnsnames.ora, listener.ora init.ora and sqlnet.ora files a million times. But still no go. However, I haven't (until now) been able to successfully ping. So I fell I am almost there.

Rob Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 00:54:39 CST