Re: Question on MAXDATAFILES and Control Files.

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:07:29 +1100

There's a memory issue in the sense that you have to reserve pointers to potential files, that's true. But it's trivial. And the advice remains the same. 3000 is a *bit* excessive, it's true, but 1024 is perfectly sound. Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000