Re: Oracle/VMS performance problems with Multithreaded Server

From: Tom Wade <t.wade_at_vms.eurokom.ie.nospam>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:24:46 GMT

>In short, OpenVMS is FULLY supported by Oracle, in details, see the comment
>on that from Alan Belancik, OpenVMS Relationship Manager with Oracle at
>Compaq.

We wanted to set up an Oracle database which could be queried and updated using Oracle Forms on PCs. We wanted this to run on an OpenVMS Alpha platform
without having to insert an NT or (even worse) Unix based web server in the middle. We have been told it is not possible because the Forms server does not run on VMS. If this is correct, then it doesn't add up to "fully supported" to me. Perhaps somebody out there knows better, or is doing this a slightly different way ?

--
Tom Wade    | EMail: T.Wade_at_vms.eurokom.ie  (all domain mailers).
EuroKom     | X400:  g=tom;s=wade;o=eurokom;p=eurokom;a=eirmail400;c=ie