Re: Oracle/VMS performance problems with Multithreaded Server

From: Malcolm Dunnett <nothome_at_spammers.are.scum>
Date: 1 Nov 2000 07:50:10 -0700

In article <877l6oz0am.fsf_at_HSE-MTL-ppp62507.qc.sympatico.ca>,

    Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu> writes:

> "Syltrem" <syltrem_at_videotron.ca> writes:
>

>> > - MTS doesn't work properly on OpenVMS; even 8.1.6. has the same problem

> Fwiw, MTS doesn't work under Unix in 8.1.6 either. It worked fine for us under
> 8.0.5 but under 8.1.6 it randomly crashes every few days. It's a known bug but
> there's no patch available, and the only work around Tech Support suggested
> was to turn MTS off. Sigh.

   I guess, in a perverse way it's reassuring to know VMS isn't the only platform this is broken on. I'm not sure which is worse though, a server that crashes every few days or one that's too slow to ever be useful. Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 08:50:10 CST