Keeping my triggers enabled

From: jantah <jantah_at_hot.mail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:58:28 +0100

Hi all,

Because we wanted to be absolutely sure nobody would accidently disable a trigger on our database, I wrote a little shell script to keep an eye on them. It's basically a loop that checks the dba_triggers view using SQL*Plus every three seconds. If it finds any disabled triggers, the script will perform an immediate shutdown of the database. I agree that this is a bit drastic (I aptly named the script after my sisters pitbull terrier ;-), but we considered this the most secure option.

Question is, if this the best way to do this? Starting SQL*Plus every three seconds for a check this simple looks a bit steep to me. Is there another way to perform this check from a shell script? Is there a way to make an SQL script sleep for three seconds?

--
Jan

jantah_at_hot.mail.com
... and you know what to do with hot.mail, right ?