Re: Where to 'spend the bucks' - Cost/Benefit advice wanted - Thanks...

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jean-benoit.morla_at_creditlyonnais.fr>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 03:16:47 +0100

Oops!
I forgot to mention that Guy Harrison is in the Quest Software Project. The Spotlight (Databases Instant Alertor) /SQLab Expert(Poor statements pin pointer and optimizing advisor) /Space Manager(Complete physical management solution) combination is a killer.
But that's already a bigger investment than just the book.

TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com> a écrit dans le message : 39f98b9a.76660461_at_news.news-ituk.to...
> Thanks Jerry and all that replied...I thought as much...Ram and Disk I/O
 seem to
> be the keys...

 DSS/Warehouse
> >> instances, and TP instances ( an average of 200-300 concurrent
 sessions)
 , I
> >> would appreciate it..

> >> Mainly I am trying to determine how important CPU speed and number of
 CPUs is