Re: Where to 'spend the bucks' - Cost/Benefit advice wanted - Thanks...

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jean-benoit.morla_at_creditlyonnais.fr>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 03:11:54 +0100

Actually it is not so much in the hardware that should investigate. SQL optimizing is the key
The first investment you should allocate is the Guy Harrison SQL tuning guide
If you're not familiar with ORACLE just look at the pictures. If you are, the good news are that Guy has a new book coming soon. Hope this spares a few tera bucks.

TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com> a écrit dans le message : 39f98b9a.76660461_at_news.news-ituk.to...
> Thanks Jerry and all that replied...I thought as much...Ram and Disk I/O
 seem to
> be the keys...

 DSS/Warehouse
> >> instances, and TP instances ( an average of 200-300 concurrent
 sessions)
 , I
> >> would appreciate it..

> >> Mainly I am trying to determine how important CPU speed and number of
 CPUs is