Re: Lose statistics on instance bounce?

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:40:51 -0600

Are you looking at hit ratios since startup during that initial 4-5 days? If so, try taking a snapshot over a smaller amout of time using either utlEBstat or your own CACHE tool. That is, after the first several hours  or 1 day ) after a bounce of the instance, take an hour long sample during a busy time and calculate your hit ratios off of the sample.

Bouncing the instance certainly clears the buffer cache AND all of the v$sysstat "statistics", but it does NOT clear table/index statistics generated by calls to ANALYZE.

-Kevin