Lose statistics on instance bounce?

From: Speed Razer <speedrazer_at_NoT_SpamM_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:09:15 GMT

Some time back I remember reading a post on Metalink by some guy claiming that he preferred hot backups to cold backups because when you bounce your instance for cold backups, you lost all your statistics. I ran that concept by some other DBAs who said that was hogwash. However, I've seen what I believe to be exactly this behavior. Namely, if I bounce the instance and don't analyze statistics, it takes 4-5 days for the db buffer cache hit ratios to climb above 90%. But if I analyze right after I restart the instance, the hit ratio is usually up to 99% within a day. Any thoughts??

Many thanks,
SR Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 12:09:15 CST