multi-block-read-count and stripe unit in veritas raid5

From: <lballard_at_yesvirginia.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 04:06:58 GMT

I'm installing Oracle 8i on Solaris 7.

Most of the data I have will be stored as binary. It will be read-only from various clients. The DB_BLOCK_SIZE I have set up is 8k. The filesystem block size 8k. I will be storing 90% of the Oralce files on a RAID 5 volume.

My question is:

Does it sound correct to use 128k stripe units, and a multi-block-read- count of 16 (16 * 8k = 128k)?

Thanks,

Lowell

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 22:06:58 CST