Re: Advice on Learning Oracle?

From: <dellera_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:25:11 GMT

> > I just wanted to know what is a GOOD book for a beginner so I can
 read it
> > before I take a class.
>
> The text I teach from is "Oracle 8i: The Complete Reference" from
> Oracle Press. It covers, quite well, the concepts and skills needed
> effectively interact with an Oracle instance. Also provided with the
> book is the "On-line Reference" that you can install on your PC and
> have a ready reference available.

This is an excellent books, the best of the 6 or 7 Oracle books I own. I would add that I especially like that examples of actual sqlplus sessions are perfectly integrated with the text, something that is rarely seen in any book. Easily read and understood.

Alberto

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 16:25:11 CST