Re: Is Oracle is CASE SENSITIVE

From: Norris <jcheong_at_cooper.com.hk>
Date: 31 Oct 2000 16:30:00 GMT

Oracle is case insensitive in the table name. For sybase, the default is case sensitive but you can set the character set to case insensitive.

I haven't tried logging into Oracle Database on NT with caps lock.

Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:01:40 GMT Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca> wrote:

> Microsoft is case sensitive too.  Try logging into NT with your caps lock
> key on.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra
> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message

>> I'm with Sybrand here. (Now why isn't that a surprise).
>>
>> "The world is case-insenstive"
>>
>> Java case sensitive
>> Unix case sensitive
>> etc etc
>>
>> I gues these systems are just not in the real world then.
>>
>> It should be self evident that storing data where an a is different from
 an
>> A is more flexible and therefore more desirable system. the case
 insensitive
>> world is a subset of the case sensitive world.
>>
>> Finally how difficult is it really to use your programming language of
>> choice to do string comparisons.
>>

>> --
>> Niall Litchfield
>> Oracle DBA
>> Audit Commission UK
>> <michaeljenc_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > <972602198.20813.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,
 (except for the Microsoft
 fact, I respond this to this
 getting a bit boring. A search
 (7.3 and 8.0)