Re: poor toad performance

From: cgoehring <cgoehring_at_rcisd.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:31:11 -0800

If you use perl and Oracle with your web server, try OracleTool. It is free, it works reliably, it's web based, it has nothing to install and nobody calls you. I've dumped TOAD altogether because OracleTool meets almost all my needs. The only thing it doesn't give you is a nice grid to edit data. To test queries and print results out MS Access does the job (just set view to SQL View and set Query/SQL Specific to Pass-Through). Don't know if either of these perform better than TOAD. I use these tools for database admin and aids for development where performance is not an issue. I wouldn't advocate giving these to end-users.

Chuck

Below from about:
Written and maintained by Adam vonNieda in Kansas, USA. Copyright 1998, 1999, 2000 Adam vonNieda You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file, with the exception that it cannot be placed on a CD-ROM or similar media for commercial distribution without the prior approval of the author.

Home site: http://www.oracletool.com
Join the announcement mailing list (one, maybe two emails a month)..

Questions, comments, bug reports, and suggestions are encouraged! Tell me what to do to make it better!
Drop me a note at adam_at_oracletool.com.

I'd like to thank my brother Jason for answering my silly HTML questions, and everyone on the DBI mailing list for all of the helpful information they
have provided.