Advice on Learning Oracle?

From: Lamar Thomas <lamart_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 03:44:41 GMT

Hi All,

I would like to learn Oracle Database. My company made me an offer to stay on with them. Among the many other offers they made, they offered to send me to an Oracle class and let me learn Oracle for personal/career growth. I am not a programmer (however I do understand the concepts, I work for a software company and have read a book or two). I also have read a book on MS Access and have taken an Access class at our local college. I am a Network Administrator and I am Microsoft Certified.

I just wanted to know what is a GOOD book for a beginner so I can read it before I take a class. The way I look at it is if I learn the basics on my own, then I can have the company pay for an intermediate class. They are also paying for a UNIX/Linux class that I start tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Regards Received on Mon Oct 30 2000 - 21:44:41 CST