Re: Why I cannot start Backup Manager?A Warning: Console must be running in order to run this application

From: Christian Lee <stlees_at_yeah.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:17:44 +0800

Before attempting to start Backup Manager, make sure the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console is running and that the job and event system is fully functional. Select a target database from the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console's Navigator. Then click on the Backup Manager icon in the Applications Launch Palette, or choose Oracle Backup Manager from the Console Tools menu.

Attention: Backup Manager requires connecting to the target database as SYSDBA. By default, this role is selected during login. If your target database is not configured for remote operation, see the Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Guide.