Re: logmnr problems

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:29:33 GMT

Did you pass the dictionary file to your logminer utility? If you didn't then it won't know what the objects are. For instance, after I've built the dictionary file on disk, I use a command similar to:

   EXECUTE DBMS_LOGMNR.START_LOGMNR( -
   DICTFILENAME =>'/oracle/dictionary.ora');

HTH,
Brian

jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I am having problems using the dbms_logmnr package on Oracle 8.1.6.1
> running on linux. The problem is that when I query the
> v$logmnr_contents view, I see the following:
>
> update UNKNOWN.Objn:61 set Col[2] = HEXTORAW('c102'), Col[3] = HEXTORAW
> ('c102')
>
> I used the logmnr_d.build procedure to build the dictionary, but it
> still puts UNKNOWN instead of the object name in the SQL_REDO column.
> I'm guessing I'm doing something stupid here since I've had identical
> results on Solaris and I've heard about people using logminer with
> great success. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is
> driving me crazy.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Brian Peasland