Re: Strictly Enforcing Query Plan Stability

From: Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:36:09 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> writes:

> I was under the impression that you can't place triggers on objects owned by
> SYS.
Well I just tried making a constraint on OUTLN.OL$ for CREATOR <> 'STARK'. It successfully blocked outlines from being created by the STARK user despite create_stored_outlines being set. However the queries themselves still ran. The error that the recursive SQL presumably caused didn't cause any error in the original SQL.

I haven't tried triggers but presumably the same effect would occur if you could create the trigger at all.

> I may be wrong.
>
> But if not, it was a cunning plan you had there. Unfortunately, not as
> cunning as a professor of cunning from Oxford University.

So cunning you could brush your teeth with it.

--
greg