Re: 8i SE C/C++ API ??

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:30:07 -0500

Both Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition include the Oracle Call Interface (OCI) libraries, which can be linked into your executables. (The OCI for EE offers additional, advanced functionality.)

The prospect of programming with OCI is a little daunting. Another alternative to coding directly to the OCI is to use the Oracle Pro*C/C++ precompiler.

Unfortunately, licenses for the Pro*C/C++ precompiler are not included with either Standard or Enterprise Edition. A license for Pro*C is included with "Oracle Programmer".