Re: SGA question

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 13:07:12 +1100

What can I say?

I am clearly an evil bastard, lacking all integrity and honour.

Obviously, I should be cast out of the Garden of Eden into the hellfires of Gehenna (or the nearest Developers' Conference, whichever is the nearer).

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

For pennance, I promise not to attempt humour again, especially after a week spent explaining the mysteries of Backup and Recovery to assorted paying customers, some 45 posts here in my spare time, and 25 detailed emails to people who've sought my advice (for free). And especially in the presence of someone who clearly wouldn't understand the meaning of the word 'wit' if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on the top of a harpsichord singing 'witty days are here again'.

In short, you are entitled to your opinion that I made someone a laughing-stock, and I disgree with it.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

"Karen" <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com> wrote in message

> The original poster did, of course, a mistake sizing his shared pool. But
I see
> little
> honour in making a laughin'-stock out of him just because you happen to
know
> more about this particular subject.
>
> Regards
> Karen Abgarian
>

> "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
>
> > "sowhat" <sowhat_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Understood, and point well received.
> > > However, I wonder if they were really serious....looks like they
posted twice,
> > > with the second in a joking manner.
> > > Don't see how 35 MB of redo generation would cause the need for 235MB
of redo
> > > log buffer :-). WOW.
> > >
> > > You were a little cruel, if they weren't joking tho :-)
> > >

> > Cruel is as cruel does.
> >
> > And no, I haven't a clue what that means, so it must be profound (yikes,
> > I've just slipped into developer-mode!!)
> >
> > Stop It!!
> >
> > Ah. That's better. I'm back in DBA mode, so...
> >
> > If I offended anyone with my pathetic attempts at cruelty, er... I mean,
> > humour, I apologise. Profusely.
> >
> > <Uncross fingers from behind back>
> >
> > Will that do?
> >
> > ;-)

> [...]