Re: Daylight savings time, shutting down oracle

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:34:33 -0000

There is the possibility of needing to recover to a point in time. If the clock goes back at 2.00 am you get two shots at 1:30 am that day.

So if you try to recover to '1:30 am' Oracle will stop at the first 1:30. (Which means you have to raid the log file to find out the last SCN that appeared before 1:30, I suppose, but how many people have got the book that tells you how to do that ?)

It is a valid cause for concern, but one which could, perhaps, be circumvented.

--

Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison Wesley Longman
Book bound date now 1st Dec 2000