Daylight savings time, shutting down oracle

From: <kpacek_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:23:09 GMT

I'm sysadmin for a few boxes running oracle. Some are Solaris 8, oracle 8.0.1 others hp-ux 10.2, oracle 7.3.4 (I think). My DBA's are insisting that the db's be shut down between 1:30 -3:30 am Sun, during daylight savings time.

Is there any point to this? Can anyone describe how oracle handles this or point me to a resource so I can bring the information to them to show that there is no reason for this? It seems to me, the box really runs GMT behind the scenes, where there is no such thing as daylight savings time.

Thanks
krp

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 07:23:09 CDT