Oracle 8i and ESMA

From: <pvinnakota_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:34:58 GMT

Hi,
We installed Oracle 8i (8.1.6) on an NT server with 8GB RAM. Now we are trying to increase the SGA size beyond 4GB using the guidelines in the whitepaper on this subject. I followed the guidelines and made the requisite modifications to the init.ora etc.

In the process, we could ramp the SGA size up to 2.7GB by gradually increasing the DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS. There was a gradual increase in the SGA size from 623MB to 2.7GB. Once the the DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS number crosses certain limit(256k), the size of the SGA is reverting to a very small size (157MB).

Has anyone tried this and succeeded? Please help with your insights.

Thanks,

Prasad V.,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 14:34:58 CDT