Re: Oracle7.3 and Baan

From: Jörg Brüwer <bruewerj_at_cci.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:22:33 +0200

ones is could be wrong is your index. Do you know the functionality of idexes ? they build an index-tree. and every entry in the table build a new leave in the index.
but the leaves never will be dropt or updated. So tey grow far away. so you should try to recreate the indexes. in oralce 8 it looks like alter index indexname rebuild;
i don't no in 7.3.4. it could be, that you must move them a way and build a new one.

do for example:
analyze index indexname validate structure; select * from index_stats;

in this view you see the del_lf_rows column, in this column you see the deleted rows.

do the best !