Re: Shutdown hangon.

From: Jörg Brüwer <bruewerj_at_cci.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:00:05 +0200

shutdown immediate rolls back user transactions, but it didn't kill user sessions.
so it waits still so long, if all user are disconnected. Try this if you can:

startup the database;
login in sqlplus as any user on another task; login as internal on another task and shutdown immediate;

    -> the task of internal will wait for the user in sqlplus. it waits for the time when

    the user querie a question. if the user did nothing, and stand only in the shell of

    sqlplus, the shutdown process will wait.

have fun in this adventure !!
joerg