Shutdown hangon.

From: David Wang <yuhang.wang_at_pek1.siemens.com.cn>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:25:35 +0800

Dear all,

Yesterday, When I use the command -- shutdown immediate, the database is hangon for more than one hour. The database is very small even 100MB. Although I stop it by manually stop the basic service using the service icon in the control pane, I would like to know what is the reason and whether it will be damaged to my database, the following content is abstract from the trace file. Thanks for any responce to help me understand this trace file and the question I metioned,

"

Dump file D:\orant\RDBMS80\trace\ORA01844.TRC Thu Oct 26 08:27:59 2000
ORACLE V8.0.5.0.0 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=c vsnxtr=3
Windows NT V5.0, OS V8.147, CPU type 586 Oracle8 Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
Windows NT V5.0, OS V8.147, CPU type 586 Instance name: orcl

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1

Oracle process number: 17

pid: 734