Re: Problem with dblink in Oracle 7

From: Dmitry Sirotkin <sdmitry1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 05:37:58 GMT

Hi!
Thanks for taking the time to answer!

> just an idea but try the same thing with a databaselink that doesn't
> have a '@'-sign in its name. Maybe that will solve the problem.

Pitily AFAIK it's not possible 'cos both database instances have the same instance name (PLAT), so in order to distinguish them I had to specify a connection qualifier @CYBERCARD. My current idea is incorrect rights setting, but I cannot be pointed to the right I've got to grant to solve this problem. Select from dual_at_plat@cybercard works fine in PL/SQL, Select from shop_at_plat@cybercard doesn't work in PL/SQL, but works in SQL:(

Dmitry Sirotkin.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 00:37:58 CDT