Re: why upgrade from 7.3.4 to 8.1.x???

From: Kim,Yongjun <kjun1017_at_shmail.hanarotel.co.kr>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:06:14 +0900

Dear,
Sorry for my silly question.

I don;t think we should upgrade the RECENT version, if we will not use the new features.
If H/W and O/S, such as CPU/memory/OS version, are fulfilled the requirement for upgrade, total performance will not better. The only possible concern is 'DESUPPORT Product'.

Is there anything to consider ?

I wantto hear your Oracle guru's experince.

Regards,