Re: Is Oracle is CASE SENSITIVE

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:07:00 +0200

There is no need to mention that as the world (except for the Microsoft empire) is case sensitive.
Oracle can't do case insensitive searches. In fact, I respond this to this same question several times a week, and it is getting a bit boring. A search on deja.com shouldn't have turned up a blank. You need to

- use redundant upper or lower cased columns (7.3 and 8.0)
- or use function based indexes (Oracle 8i *enterprise*)
- or wait for someone promoting their OMNIDEX product (you would have found
that of course with a search on deja also).

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA