I Need Help On A Delete Statement

From: Socalman <socalman_at_linkline.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:36:24 -0700

Sorry to intrude, but I must be brain dead because I have done something like this in the past. I have two tables in Oracle that are identical, tables "ADDRESS_1" & "ADDRESS_2". I want to delete any duplicate addresses that are on ADDRESS_1 that may be on ADDRESS_2. So, I thought my syntax would be something like this:

delete from address_1 a
where a.field_1 = (select b.field_1 from address_2 b

                             and substr(a.field_2,1,10) =
substr(b.field_2,1,10));

Please help if you can. I know it's a simple problem, but I'm running on empty!

Thanks, email: socalman_at_linkline.com Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 20:36:24 CDT