Problem with dblink in Oracle 7

From: Dmitry Sirotkin <sdmitry1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:29:21 GMT

Hi everyone!

I have a following problem with strange behaviour of dblink in Oracle 7.3.3 and 7.3.4 databases on SCO OpenServer. I've got a dblink called PLAT_at_CYBERCARD from one database to another. When I do simple select or simple update to tables in the remote database it works fine. But when I put this select or update in the PL/SQL anonymous block or in the stored procedure I receive a compilation error "Identifier <table_name> must be declared". When I select dual_at_PLAT@CYBERCARD from SQLPlus directly or via PL/SQL block it works fine again. I really struggling to find any solution to access remote tables or execute remote procedures (it doesn't work too), so any help would be appreciated.

With best wishes,
Dmitry Sirotkin.
ICQ UIN 58254861 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 07:29:21 CDT