Re: unrecoverable_time column in v$datafile not being refreshed

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:03:06 -0000

My error was assuming that when you took the backup of the master database to refresh the Standby, the 'last unrecoverable' columns would be cleared, I now understand why you have a problem.

>This I am told will cause the Standby database to become unusable.

Not entirely true - although it may be effectively true for the application. Recover would continue and the database would start. It is just the object that was loaded unrecoverably that would be unusable, Oracle would mark the segments as 'logically corrupt'.

--

Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison Wesley Longman
Book bound date now 1st Dec 2000