Re: Newbie trouble

From: <lrako_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:50:12 GMT

Hi,

Go in SQLplus and connect using SYS as login, change_on_install as password.

You can also use (better) ORACLE_HOME/bin and run svrmgrl type: connect internal
password: oracle

then create your users using
CREATE USER XXX identified by password.
GRANT CONNECT TO XXX ; -- to give your newly created user the right to connect to the DB. (Other roles are available (resource, sysdba): check the doc.)

I suggest you change the SYS password with ALTER USER SYS identified by new_password.

Regards,

Lalaina RAKOTONIAINA
CRM Consultant
Complete Business Solutions Inc.

In article <8t7hsa$4gt$1_at_news.cybercity.dk>,   "cah" <no_at_spam.mam> wrote:
> Now.. i've installed 8i and created a database, but noway in hell can
> connect to it !?!?
> Only thing i got during install was some Ora8i and two
 passwords 'manager'
> and 'change_on_install', and it wont accept any combination.
>
> What the hell do i need to do to access the DB ?
>
> With DB2 i just fires up command-center and connected..
 jabbadabbadoooo...
> But here...
> Can anyone point to a site on the net for ultra-oracle-newbies as
 myself ?
> (www.oracle.com is of little help)
>
> Thx.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 07:50:12 CDT