Re: Parallel server with only one server?

From: <mikea730_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:54:07 GMT

In the Oracle "Oracle8i Parallel Server Concepts and Administration Release 8.1.5" documentation it talks about "Shared Nothing Systems". What is this? Would this help eliminate the need for shared disk drives? I guess I would still need the cluster management software though????

Thanks,
Mike

In article <8t8jau$r60$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Viacheslav Leichinsky <v_leichinsky_at_ittoolbox.com> wrote:
> In article <8t8e6f$ngb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> mikea730_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I received a request today from our engineering dept to set up an
 Oracle
> > Parallel server "test" environment. I'd like to be able to run OPS
 with
> > two instances against one database on the "same" server. Obviously
 this
> > is would be pointless in a production environment. But for the test
> > environment we don't want to have to set up a full blown cluster
> > environment.
>
> It's immpossible.
> > Is this possible? In the oracle docs is says that cluster
 management
> > software (usually from a 3rd party, ie Veritas) with a shared disk
> > resource is "required" to run OPS.
> Docs is correct.
>
> Regards,
> Slava.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 16:54:07 CDT