Re: Linux installer locks up

From: <pvinnakota_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:08:22 GMT

Hi,
I am facing a similar problem.
I was trying to install Oracle8i client on a linux server. After going through 71% of the installation (as per the progress meter), the o/s is crashing with 'Kernel Panic...'. The kernel had to be rebuilt by the sys. admin.
If anyone has a solution, please forward immediately. TIA.
Bye,
Prasad
In article <TVYH5.2842$Z75.7982_at_nntpserver.swip.net>,   "Rydde" <john_at_mobilaris.com> wrote:
> I have problems installing linux version of oracle8i. The universal
> installer works fine and installs most things. Then at the end of the
> installation (i suppose) when the universal installer wants to start
 Net8
> configuration assistant and Oracle Database configuration assistant,
 it
> locks up. The Net8 part works perfectly fine, but during the Oracle
 Database
> Configurattion Assistant phase, it locks up at 80% of progress bar.
 It's
> when initializing database.
>
> Why?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 13:08:22 CDT