Re: Upgrade to 8.1.6 - Advice sought from DBA's

From: Cliff Palmer <cliff_at_palmercs.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:46:10 GMT

Jane, this might not be practical, but you may be able to do a zero-downtime upgrade if you can beg, borrow, or steal another server-class machine, install 8.1.6/developer 6.1, and use create table from dblink, sql*plus "copy to", or export to named pipe then import from named pipe to copy the data. It will admitedly reduce performance on your production box, but the box will stay up.
HTH
Cliff