Re: How to control developers writting better SQL

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:56:52 GMT

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 10/25/00, 4:51:36 AM, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wr ote
regarding Re: How to control developers writting better SQL:

> And what's more...
> They also die very quickly and transform into an even worse life form:

> project leader, as they feel developing is below their skill level. Th
is
in
> turn results in getting in a new product-lifecycle of developers, who

also
> don't know anything, causing the DBA to start all over again.
> They only thing I seem to do currently is to clean out the messes
 developers
> left me.

> Regards,

> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

        Think positively! Ignorance in action is a frightening thing, but as long as the developers remain ignorant we DBAs will be able to command handsome salaries and generous consulting fees. Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 22:56:52 CDT