Re: Oracle, C++ and solaris wrong idea??

From: Cliff Palmer <cliff_at_palmercs.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:00:23 GMT

Jean-Philippe, I have not used this, but there is/are odbc implementation(s) for Solaris which may be what you need. Sun might be able to point you to these products. OCI is also a good choice, if you have experienced C/C++ programers who understand Oracle (handling of Date datatypes, for example, is tricky) and will almost always outperform odbc.

FWIW, many products (such as NetScapes) have their own interface to Oracle and you might be able to use that.
Good luck
Cliff