RMAN - Best Practices

From: Jake <jjstrauss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:58:19 -0500

Hi,

I'm just getting started with RMAN (v8.0.5). I understand that the structure of the catalog changes from release to release (i.e. 805 is different than 8.1.5, is different from 8.1.6...).

So I named my schema rman805, with the intent to build another schema rman816 when I finally upgrade. I intended to register all my databases in a single schema (prd, dev, tst...).

But I'm running into a "database already registered" error. The doc leads me to believe its because the prior DBA copied the databases (i.e. copied the files, edited the control file, and started the database under a different name).

So, How are you guys doing this:

I appreciate your thoughts
Thanks
Jay Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 08:58:19 CDT