Re: Is Oracle "very" hard to learn?

From: VampireD <vampired_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:32:02 GMT

I just took a new job as a dba, first thing I had them do is to replace PART of my home library:

9 o'Reilly oracle books
3 o'reilly java books
2 O'reilly perl books

1 nemeth unix book
2 o'reilly unix books
1 oracle press book

If this seems overwhelming, well it might not be your bag as Austin would say.

In article <8t3v0n$up0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   dbottom_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> He he Well said. You will buy many many books.
>
> Being a DBA means long hours, and often lots of dog work. It's
> intricate and requires a great attention to detail. It'll frustrate
 you
> and occasionally surprise you or even bore you, but that never seems
> last for long.
>
> In article <sv9l2lqk73sobe_at_corp.supernews.com>,
> "Dave A" <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > If you don't want to pick up a book to learn what being a DBA is
 about, you
> > don't want to be a DBA.
> >
> > --
> > Dave A
> >
> > "Canonman" <canonman_at_optonline.net> wrote in message
> > > hello, I am also interested in becoming a DBA, however I have only
 an idea
> > > of what is involved. is there a good source for information other
 than
> > > picking up a book and studying what it is? I am wondering if it
 is
 actually

--
Christopher R. Spence