Re: VBA-Script consumes 100% CPU on Server

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:55:57 -0700

I bet the VB script is not using host variables. I suspect that you are forcing frequent reparses(probably on each and every query); this would produce a high CPU usage on a server.

If you use host variables (e.g. Oracle OLE objects and use parameters intelligently) then you should notice a dramatic reduction in CPU usage and a performance improvement. If you post a section of the query code you are doing that might tell us something.
Jim