Upgrade to 8i package standard not accessable

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:43:06 -0500

Hello,

Had an issue upgrading a 7.3.4.4 database to 8.1.6.2 that I have not encountered before.
Used the mig utility, everything appeared to go fine until the "alter database open resetlogs".
At this point the error was "package sys.standard not accessable".

I restored the database and tried the migration again and received the same error.

The alert log also has an error stating that the datfile for the system tablespace could not be read "at this time".

In the end I just blew it all away and recreated the database as 816 and imported from the restored 7.3.4 database.

I checked to see that the sys.standard package existed in the 7.3.4 database and of course, it did.

The errors I got sounded like the tablespace was offline, but I have no idea how the system tablespace would get offlined, I certainly didn't do it. (Never tried to do it, but can't imagine it's even possible).

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA, Dave A

--
Dave A