Re: Is Oracle "very" hard to learn?

From: <dbottom_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:23:55 GMT

He he Well said. You will buy many many books.

Being a DBA means long hours, and often lots of dog work. It's intricate and requires a great attention to detail. It'll frustrate you and occasionally surprise you or even bore you, but that never seems to last for long.

In article <sv9l2lqk73sobe_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Dave A" <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> If you don't want to pick up a book to learn what being a DBA is
 about, you
> don't want to be a DBA.
>
> --
> Dave A
>
> "Canonman" <canonman_at_optonline.net> wrote in message
> > hello, I am also interested in becoming a DBA, however I have only
 an idea
> > of what is involved. is there a good source for information other
 than
> > picking up a book and studying what it is? I am wondering if it is
 actually
> > a career i would even be interested in.
> > thanks,
> > Chris from NY

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 07:23:55 CDT