Re: create new tablespace (redhat linux 6.2 + oracle 8i)

From: Frank <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:53:22 +0200

Well it works on NT, but you have to use the correct syntax, and casing:
SVRMGR> create tablespace blah datafile '%ORACLE_HOME%\blah.dbf' size 100k; Statement processed.
SVRMGR> select name from v$datafile;
NAME

<snip>
D:\ORA8I\BLAH.DBF This is not even an evironment setting, it's a registry setting. For one, in linux, it should be $ORACLE_HOME (upper!) SVRMGR> create tablespace delme datafile '$ORACLE_HOME/delme.dbf' size 100k; Statement processed.
SVRMGR> select name from v$datafile;
NAME

<snip>
/oracle/product/7.3.4/delme.dbf
--
Frank
Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com> schreef in berichtnieuws